Jaipur: As online applications opened Friday for Right to Education (RTE) admissions in private schools for the 2026–27 academic session, former Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot accused the state govt of failing to clear pending reimbursements to private institutions.Gehlot alleged that while the govt made tall claims about governance, it had not paid nearly Rs 900 crore in outstanding RTE dues for students of Classes 1 to 8. “Our Congress govt took a historic decision to expand RTE and provide free education from Classes 9 to 12 to secure the future of poor children. In contrast, the present BJP govt has failed to clear even previous dues,” he said. He claimed that private schools had threatened to halt fresh admissions due to non-payment and that nearly 44,000 students from last year were still awaiting admissions. Gehlot said this contradicted Chief Minister Bhajan Lal Sharma’s claims of good governance. “A govt that cannot reimburse fees of poor children should not make hollow claims. The outstanding amount must be paid immediately so that no child’s education suffers,” he added. Meanwhile, the online application process began Friday and will continue till March 4. Parents can apply and upload documents through rajpsp.nic.in and education.rajasthan.gov.in/elementary. The first phase of allotment is scheduled for March 13, the second for March 27 and, if required, the third phase on April 13, 2026. For assistance, the department has issued helpline numbers 0151-2220140 and 0141-2719073, and email support at ddrtebknr@gmail.com and rajpsphelp@gmail.com.
Gehlot slams govt over Rs 900 crore RTE dues | Jaipur News